The next three weeks we’ll be sharing proposed Building a Better Future, Phase II projects for each area of our district. This first week kicks off with Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center schools and the critical school building needs that would be addressed at area elementary, middle and high schools if approved by voters Nov. 7, 2023.
Proposed projects for all Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center schools within the district:
- Adding additional safety and security enhancements.
- Updating classrooms to accommodate varied learning needs, including special education, gifted/talented and multilingual learner needs.
- Updating classrooms and common areas with new furniture and flexible learning spaces.
- Modernizing library media centers to better support teaching and learning needs.
Additionally proposed projects at Park Center Senior High School:
- Adding security features to the school’s activities entrance to reach district safety/security standards.
- Expanding and modernizing career and technical education learning spaces.
Additionally proposed projects at Brooklyn Middle STEAM School, North View Middle School and area elementary schools:
- Expanding and modernizing science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) spaces at magnet schools (Brooklyn Middle STEAM School, Birch Grove School for the Arts and Zanewood Community: A STEAM School).
- Adding an outdoor classroom to elementary and middle schools currently without such a space.
- Repurposing an existing elementary school to meet Community Education programming needs, including early childhood learning, adult basic education and enrichment opportunities birth through adult.
Learn more by attending a Community Informational Meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 6 p.m. in Park Center Senior High School’s forum room (YouTube livestream link) or visiting district279.org/BetterFuture.